Sunday, 2 March 2014

GT Workhorse


My beloved workhorse. This is my second GT that I have owned. The first was a GT Outpost. When I first got this bike, I was in a rush to get it ready for a 24hr race. It wasn't just a workhorse, it was also my race bike, weekend bike and anything else bike. This bike had seen about three different wheel sets, four different brake sets and a few different group sets, seat posts, bars, stems, grips and tyres. I had spent a lot of money over the 8 years I had this bike, before it got stolen.

I was coming home from work one day (I commuted from the coast to the city on the train), it was early and hardly anyone on the train. I never used to lock up my bike, as for years I felt it was safe. I got up before my stop and realised that my bike was stolen. I was upset, because I just had it to how I wanted it and some dick thought it would be nice to take it and sell it to buy drugs.

Anyway, I still wish I had this bike and I do have another frame which I will do up, but that is another project later down the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment